Prom is coming up, and I know how stressful prepping can be! Well, you’re in luck. I picked out my top 10 mark. products specifically for prom. While I have passed the Prom era (oh, high school), I want to help my fellow young ladies how to prep and beautify for the big evening. So, sit back, relax, and browse through the post. In the end, I hope you find what you’re looking for!
Cleanse. Get rid of unwanted acne and blemishes with Help Wanted Anti-Acne Exfoliating Cleanser.
Calm Down & Moisturize. Soothe your skin with Calm & Composed Super-Soothing Moisturizer.
Cover Up. One of my favorite foundations? Min-a-Real Cream-to-Powder Foundation. It covers what needs to be covered and it doesn’t feel so heavy on your skin.
Control Oil & Shine. Oil and shine are my biggest pet peeves when it comes to skin. Instead of wiping off those nasty buggers, dab your skin with Cheat Sheet Shine Blotters and dust Matte-nificent Oil-Absorbing Powder.
Cheeky Chick. I love a bit of color on my cheeks, and Just Pinched Instant Blush Tint has the right amount! Instead of looking like a clown, you will get a fabulous color and glow.
Color. Okay, so I am not a big fan of intense eyeshadow colors. If you like something more neutral, On the Dot Neutral Eye Color Compact is perfect. Or, if you are brave enough, try the On the Dot Eye Color Compact.
Crayons for your Face. I always need to line my eyes or else they disappear. Keep It Going Longwear Eyeliner & Shadow is the right pick for eyeliner. It is a gel-based product that you can use as an eyeliner or an eyeshadow.
EXTRA: Here are my five tips for prom…
- Get ready with girl friends. Make it fun with music or movies in the background. Or, if you happen to be prepping on your own, put in a funny movie or television episode to get you excited. My personal favorite? I Love Lucy!
- When picking out your prom look, pick a style that YOU are most comfortable in! Just because the trend is to show some skin, doesn’t mean it fits everyone.
- Do not feel the pressure to drink or to do anything you are not prepared for. I know it sounds cliche, but it’s true! In the end, prom night WILL be the day you look back on when think about high school in the future.
- If you can’t find a date, WHO CARES?! Go with a group of your favorite single ladies and get ready to party! Have some fun with girls – think of it as a “stylish girls’ night out…”
- While you’re at prom, talk to people you have never spoken with before. I had some people in my table that I haven’t gotten to know during my four years in high school. Now, I can say that some of them are my greatest friends. Hey, it’s better late than never!
AND… a bit of Glee for you!